Dennis Group Springfield
Process Engineer II
About the Job
We are seeking ambitious Process Engineers to grow with our process engineering group. In this role you will work closely with our controls, packaging, mechanical, and building system professionals to scope, design, layout, install, and commission food and beverage processing systems. Typical responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing process design basis and select unit operations
- Preparing process flow and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Preparing mass and energy balances
- Sizing and specification of process and process utility equipment
- Equipment procurement and bid evaluation
- Assisting project management with the development of project scope, budget and schedule for all process related work
- Helping to coordinate the schedules and work of contractors for process equipment installation
- Overseeing process and utility equipment installations
- Start-up and commissioning
- On-site construction project coordination and management with travel requirements between 20-40% of the year
- 4+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in a related field or environment. Experience working for professional services, process engineering, and food and beverage firms is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of process flow diagrams, P&IDs, equipment layout and specifications, and capital project estimates
- Familiarity with food safety and sanitary design and knowledge of food and beverage industry standards, practices, and regulations preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven client interaction and experience
- Intellectual curiosity and a positive, can-do, team-oriented attitude
- Strong problem solving, organizing, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or process engineering preferred
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.