Dennis Group Springfield
Packaging Systems Engineer II
About the Job
We are seeking Packaging Systems Engineers to support our growing packaging group. In this role you will work closely with our process, controls, and building system professionals to scope, layout, install, and commission packaging lines for our food and beverage industry clients. Typical responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing design concepts, estimates and functional specifications
- Interpreting mechanical design requirements and customer specifications to ensure that all requirements are realized in the design of the packaging system
- Specification, purchase, installation and commissioning of packaging equipment
- On-site construction project coordination and management
- 4+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in a related field or environment. Experience working for professional services, packaging, and food and beverage firms is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Manufacturing and packaging design principles including conveyance, wrapping, bagging, cartoning, filling, bottling, case packing and palletizing
- Preparation of machine testing requirements and procedures
- Machine and process design
- Preparation of equipment specification, purchase documentation as well as equipment / facility layout
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven client interaction and experience
- Intellectual curiosity and a positive, can-do, team-oriented attitude
- Strong problem solving, organizing, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, packaging, industrial, or manufacturing engineering preferred
- Bonus points for:
- An understanding of sanitary design and warehouse design and layout
- Process simulation experience
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and other retirement benefit plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.