Dennis Group Springfield
Mechanical Utilities Engineer
About the Job
Our mechanical engineers plan, design and implement mechanical systems for industrial food and beverage production facilities. You will work on multi-disciplinary project teams and have an opportunity to perform, practice, and apply a wide range of mechanical engineering skills in this role. Typical responsibilities include:
- Developing HVAC, plant utility, plumbing, and fire suppression systems
- Leading mechanical system design development and coordinating with other internal and external team members
- Developing Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction specifications
- Developing P&ID’s, equipment layout plans, plant / process utility distribution plans, and system details
- Sizing and developing layouts for ductwork and piping plans
- Specifying equipment
- Assisting with the development of the building management system (BMS) controls, details, and plans with electrical and controls engineers
- Creating project documents such as calculations, reports, and construction drawings and specifications, etc.
- Performing construction administration in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction scope is proceeding per the intent of the design
- Researching mechanical / utility materials and best practices
- Supporting talent growth within our organization
Successful individuals in this position have strong written and verbal communication skills, a team-oriented can-do attitude, and an ability to work and manage projects independently. Some travel is required with this position.
- At least 4 years of demonstrated HVAC and utilities experience; mechanical experience in food and beverage, pharmaceutical, or other sanitary environments is a plus
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- HVAC and/or Utilities design experience
- Experience working with computer operations for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.