Dennis Group Springfield
Electrical Engineer - Power, Light, & Fire
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with strong technical and management capabilities to support and advance our building electrical engineering practice. The Building Electrical Group is responsible for all building electrical systems including lighting, fire protection and low voltage. The professional will have technical responsibility for scoping, performing, and delivering multiple concurrent project assignments. His/her specific responsibilities will include:
- Designing electrical systems for building power; i.e. normal, emergency, and standby power distribution systems for 208v, 480v, and medium voltage for industrial facilities.
- Documenting all necessary calculations for the design such as short circuit, selective coordination, arc flash, generator sizing, steady state and transient voltage drops, load calculations, conductor sizing, raceway fills, etc.
- Designing lighting for food processing spaces, including lighting calculations for emergency and inspection lighting level needs. Coordinating fixture placement/mounting with other trades.
- Designing fire alarm systems per NFPA 72, 101, and local building code.
- Designing low voltage systems such as LAN, phones, PA, Wi-Fi, access control, cameras, etc.
- Producing bid documents consisting of layout drawings, one-line, riser, schedules, details, and specifications.
- Procuring long lead light fixtures and power distribution equipment such as switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, MCC’s, generators, variable speed drives, and UPS’s.
- Managing electrical bid process for clients, observing construction, and assisting with startup.
- Project planning and feasibility studies.
- Actively participating in and supporting department-wide standard development, updates, and maintenance.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience required
- Candidates without a minimum of a Bachelor degree will not be considered
- FE or PE tracked desirable
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are a plus, but not required
The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required. Candidates should expect overnight travel not less than 50% of the year.
We plan, design, engineer, and build food plants for major brands across the country and the world. For the past three decades, we’ve focused exclusively on the food and beverage industry, helping your favorite brands put your favorite foods in the grocery store. Simply put, food isn’t one thing we do, it’s all we do.
Dennis Group offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including an open vacation policy, as well as bonus, profit-sharing, and retirement plans.
Dennis Group is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.